Planning the logistics of your travel
So you’ve decided the region or locations where you would like to travel to. That leaves the matter of logistics and planning the route, to avoid unwanted extra transport costs and most of all to save time backtracking.
After you work out what I call ‘the bones’ of your trip, being:
- The order of locations
- How you will travel between each location
- The timeframe of your overall trip
- How long roughly (or ideally – specifically) within each individual area/location
- Aligning your proposed accommodation nightly stay in each city with transportation arrangements (between the locations).
– Activities (notable in the country or region)
– Events (In area of holiday)
– Friends family overseas
– Health – if any care is needed and how remote
– Price (Cost) of flights there and between regional locations (Event influences
– Standard of living costs in city
– Style of travel (eg luxury, budget)
– Time of leave length
– Transport (reliability)
– Travel style (solo, duo, family or group)
Then you can book your transportation and accommodation with peace of mind. Transportation and accommodation both being the most expensive and the most crucial to ensuring a stress-less trip. So it pays to have these sorted!
Upon arrival into the city
Aspects to look at / question as soon as possible:
o Settle in to Accommodation
o Transport (look at ticketing, services and last services)
o Essential services – eg Supermarket, Laundry etc.
o No go areas of the city (Either dangerous, poverty or red light area)
Discovering the city
– Recommend taking a city tour bus or taster tour to orientate your self and then can explore attractions in depth later
– A visit to the tourist information centre is useful for mapping and other resources.
Any advice and recommendations given on this website are as a general and informal guide only, taken from practical experience of the owner of this website.
Any hyperlinks on this website that take you to third-party websites are provided for your reference and convenience only, and do not imply an endorsement of the material on the third-party sites or any association with the owners or operators of those sites.This website does not control any of these third-party sites and is not responsible for their content. You access and use the third-party websites at your own risk.
© Anthony Warren and ‘Life Through the Lens’ 2015. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Anthony Warren and the ‘Life Through the Lens’ Blog with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.